Friday, June 28, 2013

Love is the answer...

Though not Lyme related, I wanted to share this.  It is important.  And it actually does relate to chronic illness, as it is allowed a foothold when the ability to receive and give love is lacking.  I am working on it.  <3

My response to a post on the recent court decision and how people are reacting:

As a licensed, ordained minister and wedding officiant, I am in a position to choose to love and embrace every person, or not. I just keep hearing LOVE, LOVE, LOVE over and over. It makes sense to love, as God IS LOVE.

Just as I don't share my opinion of favorite color with another, I won't always agree with others and their choices. How do I respond then to these situations? As I came home this evening, after having spent some time with a new couple in our community and realizing that they are a couple, and both male, I was searching for answers in how to respond to things that are very contrary to what I have been taught and I have been unsure of what to think or feel. I LOVE people. I cannot distinguish between people based on color, gender, sexual orientation, beliefs, whether they are a cat or dog person, or anything else. Bottom line, each person is an individual who deserves my love and respect solely because they are a person and created by our Loving Father. Created by love, meant to thrive on love, and aught to be loved to wholeness, whatever our Creator means that to be. As I felt a sense of freedom to love, JUST LOVE, and recognizing THAT is my responsibility, and that is pretty much it, I felt joy and excitement at even more opportunities to show that love. Then as I approached my building, a song went through my head that stood out as an excerpt of scripture, which I then looked up. Then I smiled and my heart laughed because it confirmed it all...

1 Peter 4:8
Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. (It even covers the sin of judgment, which many should be very grateful for. I know I am. And am also quite grateful that my erroneous thinking has been cleaned up... kinda funny on how difficult it is to judge someone you are loving. heh)

Regardless of what is right and wrong, you love. As Jesus did. And I admire and look up to Him and want to be JUST LIKE HIM!

Whatever you have done, are doing, will do, or didn't, aren't or won't be doing will not pull you out of a place of the love I have for you. Even when sometimes I don't like you or something you are doing, I can always still love you. Whoever you are, wherever you live, whether or not we know each other... LOVE. It really is the answer. Or should I say HE really is the answer. Love, He is the answer. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment