Monday, July 23, 2012

Pity Party? NO THANKS!

I think it is pretty easy to feel sorry for yourself.  To get trapped in that place that says, "Why is this happening?  It shouldn't happen to me!"  Should it happen to anyone?  No, not really.  But it is what it is.  Once in a while I find myself losing my grip on my current situation.  Oh great... impending downward spiral.... I DON'T THINK SO!  It is far too easy to take the low road.  But that road, though easy to get to, is full of potholes, and robbers, and stickers, and cow patties.  Yeah, I said it... it's full of crap.  So the high road it is... I may slip a bit, but I always regroup.  It's a choice.

Yeah, it's a choice.  YOU get to choose your response.  What will you choose today?

The pity party I could opt for today, will take the energy away needed for the fun party coming up.  And that would just not be fun!

Party on Wayne.

5 comments:

  1. I choose somedays, to waller in the self-doubt and self-pity of why me..but I have to choose not to let Sophee's death define who I am. Grieving these un chosen events is normal and God expects it, but your it to become my very being He doesn't...He doesn't intend my life to be miserable....lots of love
    Party like a Godstar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But the crucial part, as you process your grief, and learn to live with this as a part of your life... is that you don't stay there. Part of grief is dealing with those feelings. This is part of this journey for you. I am proud of you for not allowing her death to define you. Something that more deeply speaks to your character, is how you handled the challenges surrounding her little life, and life after she went to be with Jesus. He intends to make your life more and more beautiful. You put it well. And I love the Party like a Godstar... that rocks! XOXO

      Delete
    2. Oh, and would love for you to join my blog. Then we can get you into the drawing too! XOXO

      Delete
  2. LOL Party on Wayne!!! hehe Love you Jenny =) Yes it is easy to wallow in our pain w/e it may be but then that doesn't help anything or anyone let a lone ourselves or our family. I keep telling myself when something difficult (a thought or w/e) this too shall end. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, I am glad you caught that. I figured someone would have to! Love you too, Sissy! Pain is pain, and it will come and go. It will affect us with varying degrees, but I will NOT allow it to take me down! Or anyone else I know and love. SO THERE! It will pass... phew! ((HUGS BACK)) Hope to see you soon! Maybe Ash could stay for a bit too.

      Delete