Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The transformation

I had been angry, scared and frustrated. I felt God wasn't listening. Did He even care. Fed up and still mad I made a decision... this is what happened:

When I came to a place where I was so desiring Him and His will, and was willing to lay it ALL down for Him, even my dreams and desires, and said Yes... He began to show me what to do. When you say yes and make the decision, the answers begin to present themselves. I was so scared of giving up my whole life, my will, my dreams, MYSELF, but instead found that our desires matched. I let go of things I didn't need, and found much of what I thought I wanted was what He had breathed into me in the very beginning. That instead of losing myself, I began to truly FIND MYSELF. And who I found was profoundly more beautiful than I could have imagined. I have faced some very difficult times, and they are easier now than they were before. I'd never have been able to go through it before, but at the same time, more amazing things happen than ever could have. You find that you rise above. Greater joy, greater peace, greater understanding of how incredibly amazing you were created in Him. This has been my journey. I cannot speak for someone else. This is what happened when I was at a crossroads and I chose to die to self. I have no regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment