Wednesday, February 27, 2013

My take on "me time".

This was inspired by a blog I just read. You can see it here, if you like: http://m.crosswalk.com/family/parenting/the-me-time-myth-11598542.html


Motherhood is a blessing, and a joy. It is also the most challenging thing you can do, as you hold precious little lives in your hands. Molding and shaping their futures with your love and words of affirmation, and truth of who God is just happens to be the most noble calling there is. However, as important is cherishing time with your children, is setting appropriate boundaries, and maintaining who you are, as an individual. The person you are, as a wife and mother, stems from your core identity. Of course, if you don't build your core identity on the Rock, you have no foundation. I love so called "me time". This is time I take, every blue moon, where I reflect on my life, where we are, and were we are headed. It's time I take where I get to do something special for me (pedicures are often underrated, lol... my last was in August!) where I remember to appreciate myself. My children often get little rewards, treats, and special love moments. I love me too. Not to their exclusion, but to remember the person God created me to be, and show her love. I find it makes me appreciate my beautiful family more, when I give myself this gift of time. When I honor the roll of wife and mother... I think it is a matter of perspective. A healthy perspective makes "me time" a healthy, nurturing time. Sometimes I find my "me time" includes a little "her time" with one of my sweet girls, or "him time" with my amazing husband. Sometimes we all take a break for some extra special "we time". :)

Me Time can be good. As with most things, it depends on the proper perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment